11 Pieces of Content To Include in Your Email Newsletter
March 27, 2018
March 27, 2018
Many businesses operate under the misconception that an email newsletter is a means for increasing sales. While this is ultimately one of the goals for an email newsletter, an organization should use this marketing method as a way of educating leads in the marketing funnel. So while 10 percent of the content in your email newsletter should be promotional, the other 90 percent should focus on informing readers.
This information might throw you off your email newsletter game, leaving you unsure of what content to include in your next campaign. Luckily, the following list will provide you with enough content ideas to fill your email newsletters for the next year, at least.
For those email subscribers who might have missed your recent blog posts, share your hard work with a quick-hit recap. You can also synthesize a single blog post into a few short paragraphs and then link to the rest of it in your email newsletter.
Industry News Summaries
Provide updates about industry news topics with short blurbs that synthesize the updates along with adding some unique insights to the conversation. This demonstrates to readers that you stay up-to-date on important updates in your field while also having a one-of-a-kind perspective on these topics.
Spotlight the hard-working members of your staff with regular profiles of individuals, particularly after completing a project successfully. This humanizes your brand while familiarizing your clients and leads with the people who fuel your company.
Notes from the President or CEO
While you might have a dedicated employee or team to write content, leads and customers want to hear from those in charge. Whether the president weighs in on a news story or the CEO shares some personal news, these pieces perform well with readers.
When your business accomplishes something successfully, from a product launch to a merger, share those stories with your subscribers. These pieces demonstrate the talent of your team, the quality of your work, and your determination to deliver the best in your industry.
With every season comes new challenges. Explain to your readers how to address these issues with tips and advice. For example, an accountant could start sending clients and leads tips for preparing for the tax season beginning in late February or early March.
Upcoming Event Announcements/Reminders
Invite and remind customers and leads to upcoming events that your business is either hosting or participating in. For instance, if you are a corporate sponsor for a local nonprofit’s annual 5k run, recruit people to participate in the event while informing them about your role helping the charity. Don’t forget to include an event recap in your email newsletter afterward.
No, not reviews of your products. Maybe your business uses an email marketing tool that it really likes. Or perhaps you’ve found a productivity app that has really impressed you. Offer your expert recommendations to readers.
Every organization receives lots of questions, but many of them are similar. By including a few frequently-asked questions (along with your answers) in your email newsletter, your subscribers will feel relieved to have their quandaries addressed before they even have the chance to ask them.
Ask an industry expert to weigh-in on a trending topic or a regular pain point. You can also do a short interview with the expert, so s/he doesn’t have to write anything. Providing additional perspective on a topic allows your leads to delve further into your industry, piquing their interest in the products or services you sell.
New Client/Partnership Welcome
Welcoming a new client or partner in your email newsletter accomplishes two objectives. First, it shows the client/partner who excited you are about working with them. Second, this piece of email newsletter content communicates to others how your business is growing.
It’s important to note that you should not include all 11 pieces of content in a single email newsletter. Mix it up so readers remain interested in your email newsletter.
While the focus of your email newsletter is education, don’t forget to incorporate calls-to-action throughout your email newsletter. Unsure about adding calls-to-action your email newsletter content? Need some direction on launching a monthly email newsletter campaign? Work with the experts at Focused Content Marketing to develop a successful email newsletter program that engages readers and delivers a significant return on investment.